Don't be surprised to hear that Grimsby is one of the Niagara region's best kept secrets.
A 2018 report by Canadian finance magazine, MoneySense, puts Grimsby in the top 100 cities to live in in Canada out of a list of 415, right at spot 83. The list places neighbouring cities Niagara-on-the-Lake at 107, Hamilton, at 163, and West Lincoln at 364.
In Ontario, Grimsby ranks at number 38 of 150.
So how did Grimsby do so well? Here a few of the reasons people are moving to Grimsby.
- Weather - Grimsby is known for its mild climate.
- Arts & Culture - If it isn't the art galleries, it's the prevalence of a culture of volunteerism and a variety of hiking and biking paths in and around the cosy yet vibrant downtown core - home of the Grimsby Farmers Market.
- Economy - Low unemployment, a solid real estate market, and high household income make the city stable and safe for those looking to invest in a future.
- Commuting - An active citizenry and a bike-friendly culture permeates Grimsby, while a GO station and the nearby QEW allow for quick access to the GTA and surrounding areas.
- Healthcare - A state of the art hospital and a high working population of doctors and health professionals help keep Grimsby a healthy city for all ages.
Grimsby might not be such a well kept secret for long. Take a look at our carefree Legacy community in Grimsby to see how to make it your own!