“As I enter my Presidency with optimistic arms, together with our talented Board of Directors, I am confident we will continue to drive this Association upward and forward”.
- President David Samis
The Niagara Home Builders’ Association welcomed their 2021/2022 Board of Directors during a virtual Annual General Meeting held on Tuesday, February 23, 2021 - and announced our Phelps Homes President, David Samis, as the new NHBA President.
Outgoing President Tony Alfieri addressed the audience, thanking the current Board for their dedication to the Association, and expressed that they are moving in a positive direction, with many new initiatives being proposed for the upcoming term.
“It has been a rewarding journey to have served as NHBA President for almost three years” states Alfieri. “Together we have experienced a piece of history, and I thank our Board and all NHBA Members for entrusting me to lead this Association during these challenging circumstances”
Alfieri passes the Presidency torch to David Samis for the incoming 2021/2022 term, along with Richard Lawrence assuming the role of Vice President and Paul Savoia as 2nd Vice President.
The complete 2021/2022 NHBA Board of Directors are as follows:
1. David Samis (President) – Phelps Homes Ltd.
2. Richard Lawrence (Vice President) – Cotton Inc.
3. Paul Savoia – (2nd Vice President) - Niagara Pines Developments
4. Tony Alfieri (Past President) – Windrush Hill Construction
5. Mark Basciano – Mountainview Building Group
6. Ed Lucchetta – Lucchetta Homes
7. John Passero – SilverLine/Silvergate Homes
8. Isabella Burt – DRT Custom Homes
9. Mike Crough – IBI Group
10. Gerry Ducharme – Regional Doors & Hardware
11. Yvonne Hendriks – Homes by Hendriks
12. Joe Katzman – Dufferin Concrete
13. Kelly Anderson (non-voting member) – Silvergate Homes
14. Sheryl L Johnson (non-voting member) – Sullivan Mahoney LLP
15. Geri Morrone (non-voting member) – Meridian Credit Union
16. Jeff Murrell (non-voting member) – Niagara College
17. John Musso (non-voting member) – Mountainview Building Group
“As I enter my Presidency with optimistic arms, together with our talented Board of Directors, I am confident we will continue to drive this Association upward and forward” adds incoming President David Samis.
The newly elected Board, along with their Government Relations Committee, Members and partners look forward to focusing on their shared passion of promoting the Niagara Region including building strong and sustainable communities, profiling the Region as a desired place to work and live.
The NHBA Board includes both Builder and Non-Builder representation, whose responsibilities include but are not limited to; ensuring the Association is in compliance regarding; legal obligations, acting within the scope of the organizations governing policies, rules and regulations that apply to the NHBA, understand and scrutinize all financial matters, attend and participate in board and committee meetings, participate in discussions/deliberations within the Board, and promote membership of the Association.